Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The pain of our blessed virgin mother

The following days me and my family witnessed to fresh blood on this statue, as it wept again and again. I reflected a lot on this phenomena, and it made me reflect on the pain of our lady and her son Jesus. Jesus being the new Adam came to restore what the old Adam [humanity] had destroyed through sin. He shed his blood, Died so that we may have life in us, and life in abundance, cf (John 10:10b) "I have come that they may have life and have it to the full."
I asked myself, are we accepting this gift of life? are we accepting Jesus and his mother in our lives. This is the pain of our lady and Jesus, that we keep on resisting and rejecting them by sinning.....so my first thought was the need of conversions in families, starting with my family first.......

No comments: