Sunday, July 27, 2008

EMBRACING THE CROSS

Tomorrow I'm going to start my chemo again,for me this is the road to Calvary...what an opportunity it is to meet Christ!, to continue his work of redemptive suffering. All this remains a mystery, i have no explanation to it but I'm praying that I will be able to use it for the conversion of souls. With agony Jesus embraced the cross for the love of souls. let us all be responsible and try to do this same for the love of Jesus as a lot are causing him great anguish with their sins. St Paul's teaches us that through suffering we are one with Jesus and are partakers in his mission, "From now on let no one cause trouble for me, for I bear on my body the brand-marks of Jesus" (Galatians 6:17).

4 comments:

Chris said...

Dearest Doreen,
I am one of the 'mothers' in Marjie's prayer group. I want you to know what an inspiration you are to me, and that you and your family are in my prayers. As you carry your cross please know how very much you are loved.
Many blessings,
Chris

Doreen Vella said...

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your comment, prayers and support, it is much appreciated at this time of need. God bless you and your family. You have practised today's Gospel as the most important thing in our religion is the love of neighbor, Thank you,
all my love
Doreen

*Cara* said...

I was amazed when I typed in "Embracing the Cross" and it led me to your blog - only to find the exact same depiction of our precious Saviour clinging to the cross that I just posted to myspace only hours earlier!! Not only that - but your blog page is set up with the same coloring and wallpaper as a blog with my dear sisters in Christ page (called Refuge).....
You keep pressing on sister! I will lift you up to our Heavenly Father - we are the body - when one suffers we all suffer and when one rejoices we all rejoice.....you are not alone!
Jesus is with you and He knows your pain...help is on the way!
Love,
your sister
Cara

Doreen Vella said...

Dear cara,
Surely God works in mysterious ways, but we are so lucky to have him. Thank you for your support and prayers, I'm much better thank you. and the tests are good, thank god, I will try to look at your blog too, God Be with you always,

your sister in Christ
Doreen