Monday, September 8, 2008

Pray for vocations






Hebrews 7:17 says "You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek."


Our Lady several times mentioned the priests, below there is a message of 9th of July 2008 at borg in-nadur

Message of 9th July, 2008 given at Borg in-Nadur
"My children and my dear children - the ones of my heart. What follows is for Fr Hayden to convey to the people. Be mindful of diocesan priests, religious priests, conventual priests and nuns.Today I want to speak to you about diocesan religious priests. These are persons chosen by me and my Son Jesus. In our eyes, they are special men. Therefore, show them every respect. Only they, and none other may administer the sacraments.Tonight I wish to give you a message on the Sacrament of Confession. My dear children, it is becoming customary to say: “I hate no one. I need not go to a priest, a common man like myself. I will prostrate myself before a crucifix and there discharge myself. I hate no one, I wrong no one. I do not want to go to Church, because they do wrong just like myself, and even worse than me.My children I want you not to reason in this way – you who are gathering up here on the hill of Borg in-Nadur, where I am coming, since I am being sent to you by God. Never reason in this way my children. Show every reverence to diocesan and conventual priests. You are to have respect for them throughout your life. Whenever you are in need of them seek them out for confession and kneel at their feet. They are ready to listen to you. It is not true that they will call you names or want to be inquisitive about you. Yes, do not become lost as the rest of the crowd does. Respect Bishops in a special way. They are the shepherds of the Church.Thank you for having listened to my call".
we have great responsibility towards priests, we need to help them live their vocations. As only they can give Jesus to us. our lady cannot consecrate bread and wine, she cannot forgive sins either. So it will be a tragedy for us all if vocations keep on decreasing and priests giving up their priesthood. we must remember that vocations flourish from strong families. so striving to have strong families is and must be a priority. All this will result in a peaceful and a strong society,where God is in the centre again of our lives. Our society needs radical conversion only with prayers and our daily offerings that we can achieve this result, let us all try to console out two sacred heart of Jesus and Mary. Priests you are so dear to our lady! she calls you-my dear children-the ones of my heart, what a privilege! treasure this, it will be worth more than anything!
I want to share a short true story before I close today, there was an important man who was on his dead bed. Obviously a lot of VI P'S went to visit him. But the dying man did not want to see any of them, all he wanted by his bedside was a priest!

No comments: