Sunday, May 24, 2009

Looking At The Face Of Jesus




While peter was denying Jesus, Jesus was saving peter, me and you by confessing the truth. Can we look at the face of Jesus and not feeling guilty for denying Jesus with our sins? we can't be too shocked about peter when we still cannot change our evil ways ! With every sin we are denying Jesus once again. Let us look at this face of Jesus, and see pure Love. Let us look deep into Jesus' eyes and let those eyes penetrate our innermost being in the depths of our soul, let these eyes change you with his burning love for you, let him change you! Let him look at you, don't run away from him and let his look burn you with the desire to love him more, in loving others souls as he loves, bring those souls to Jesus, on the cross he said " I Thirst", this thirst is for souls whom he died for on the cross to obtain their salvation, are you ready to quench this thirst for him? then start right now, open your heart, love him and love others, this will be the beginning of a new a life for you.
Let us pray; Thank you my Lord and my God For your love that showed in your passion,reaching it's climax on the cross, come into my heart and in my life, take over and I will be made new again, my soul we be refreshed, with you in my life I have nothing to fear but to rejoice, this I prayed in Jesus' name, Amen. N.B meditate on the biblical passage below.





Peter's First Denial
15Simon Peter and another disciple were following Jesus. Because this disciple was known to the high priest, he went with Jesus into the high priest's courtyard, 16but Peter had to wait outside at the door. The other disciple, who was known to the high priest, came back, spoke to the girl on duty there and brought Peter in.
17"You are not one of his disciples, are you?" the girl at the door asked Peter. He replied, "I am not."
18It was cold, and the servants and officials stood around a fire they had made to keep warm. Peter also was standing with them, warming himself.
The High Priest Questions Jesus
19Meanwhile, the high priest questioned Jesus about his disciples and his teaching.
20"I have spoken openly to the world," Jesus replied. "I always taught in synagogues or at the temple, where all the Jews come together. I said nothing in secret. 21Why question me? Ask those who heard me. Surely they know what I said."
22When Jesus said this, one of the officials nearby struck him in the face. "Is this the way you answer the high priest?" he demanded.
23"If I said something wrong," Jesus replied, "testify as to what is wrong. But if I spoke the truth, why did you strike me?" 24Then Annas sent him, still bound, to Caiaphas the high priest.
Peter's Second and Third Denials
25As Simon Peter stood warming himself, he was asked, "You are not one of his disciples, are you?" He denied it, saying, "I am not."
26One of the high priest's servants, a relative of the man whose ear Peter had cut off, challenged him, "Didn't I see you with him in the olive grove?" 27Again Peter denied it, and at that moment a rooster began to crow.

No comments: