Monday, May 11, 2009

PSALM 23






As I said in my previous post, in the silence of the desert we can somehow experience God. We will realize and reflect that truly God suffices as St Therese of Avila rightly reflected " Let nothing disturb you, Let nothing frighten you, All things pass away: God never changes. Patience obtains all things.He who has GodFinds he lacks nothing;God alone suffices"


Jesus is our Good Shepherd as we read in this beautiful psalm 23 :



The Lord is my Shepherd
That’s Relationship!


I shall not want
That’s Supply!

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures.
That’s Rest!


He leadeth me beside the still waters.
That’s Refreshment!


He restoreth my soul

That’s Healing!


He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness.
That’s Guidance!


For His name sake
That’s Purpose!


Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death.
That’s Testing!



I will fear no evil.

That’s Protection!

For Thou art with me
That’s Faithfulness!


Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me,

That’s Discipline!

Thou preparest a table for me in the presence of my enemies.
That’s Hope!


Thou anointest my head with oil,
That’s Consecration!

My cup runneth over

That’s Abundance!


Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life.

That’s Blessing!

And I will dwell in the house of the Lord.

That’s Security!

Forever!
That’s Eternity!

No comments: