Monday, November 5, 2007

My first experience with the holy spirit [part 2]


As you may have noticed, I did not mention my confirmation, this is because the beauty of this sacrament was easily distracted by the way I should dress. However God did satisfy my eager heart in renewing my confirmation with the fire of the holy spirit later on in my years when I was already married with my daughter. It was on the 23rd of march 1998, a very stormy and cold evening, I went to our parish hall where I was invited. They started praying and praising the Lord [ did not understand this form of prayers]. While I was waiting for my turn to do the talk, A person [who has the gift of knowledge] was inspired to say that there was a lady who had a serious condition in her blood[this person was behind me] and this man diagnosed her illness and said that God is healing her. Immediately I believed and said this prayer in my heart "Oh dear Jesus I'm not worthy to witness to this but I do believe and I do not want to turn around to see who the person is, cause I don't want to be made a statue of salt"

As soon as I said this prayer a big fire entered me, it was so powerful and so strong I thought I was going to lose my sight, this frightened me.....to be continued


No comments: