Saturday, October 27, 2007

My Childhood [part 2]. Married life [part 1]


After my first holy communion,my life was peaceful, i.e living with my brothers and sisters filled my life, but this peace was shattered when one of my sister started having health problems. I was only ten years of age and this really effected me. However I did not have doubt regarding my religion or the existence of the Lord,but I asked why did this had to happen. Somehow I've learned to live with this problem, passing nights without sleeping properly and have to go to school the day after. my sister needed constant treatment.


In the meantime as a teenager i started having other interests like, dancing, drama etc.
When I was fifteen I met my husband,and we started dating, and gradually we decided to buy a home and fix a date for our wedding, in the meantime I had finished technical school, and did not continue because we needed money for the house. my mum was furious as I was studying languages to be an air-hostess instead I went to work for five years in a textile factory.


In the meantime I drifted from my prayers and from my daily mass, ended going to mass Sundays only, staying at the last row.


A few months before my wedding, I promised my sister [who was still ill] that I was going to hire a doctor or a nurse to assist her during the wedding, as she was worried that she might ruin the wedding ceremony unintentionally. Unfortunately she died three months before my wedding, I was devastated. I got married anyway[as i had already planned a small wedding with no dance just a dinner].

With this Blow in my Life I felt empty even in my new life as a newly wed. All this led me to reach for my bible. I started reading my bible and praying. During this time, I felt God within me calling me to evangelize but did not understand it so I let this call pass by.


I wanted to have children so badly, but did not get pregnant before a year and a half later. During my pregnancy I promised God that i will rear the child in God's fear and awe.


So God Blessed me with a daughter.

No comments: