Friday, October 26, 2007

My Childhood [part 1]


I'm the youngest of ten children. I was brought up in a strong catholic family. Since i was a child, the passion of our lord had a great impact on me. In fact one day when I was only six years old my dad [may he rest in peace] took me to carnival. Instead of enjoying myself, I was sad because i felt that while everyone is enjoying himself Jesus was alone in Church. As a six year old I was referring to a statue of Jesus crucified. So my father had to take me to St.Francis convent in Valletta where as you enter you'll find this statue. I think this was my first call from Jesus as it was so powerful, instead of enjoying myself with the masquerade, I enjoyed my stay with Jesus. One day I asked my dad, "what can i do to kiss Jesus, to hug him and to have him close to my heart?". my dad answered with a gentle smile, "if you want to have Jesus close to your heart always receive him in the Eucharist later on [as i had to do my first holy communion yet],and to hug him and kiss him he showed me a person with special needs,he said "look! there is Jesus"

The day that I was going to do my first holy communion was so special for me, i really felt close to Jesus. When I received him, immediately, I started praying and mentioning a list of people that I promised my prayers to. [part 1] Cf Psalm 139:13-16

No comments: